Regarding the March 19th, 2020 Executive Order N-33-20 directing all residents immediately to heed current State public health directives to stay home, Underwater Resources, Inc. is considered “essential” to the continuity of operations of multiple ongoing critical infrastructure and public works projects.
URI performs inspection, maintenance, repairs, and new construction on underwater and marine infrastructure in the greater Bay Area including the Sierras, Central Valley, North Coast, Central Coast, and Monterey Area. Our current critical projects include:
Energy/Chemical – Petroleum refinery facilities / Workers supporting the industrial gas supply chains:
- Repairs to the Valero Benicia Refinery Marine Terminal
Water & Wastewater – Employees needed to maintain drinking water and wastewater infrastructure:
- On-Call for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC)
- On-Call for the East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD)
- Maintenance of the Monterey Bay Aquarium saltwater intake pipelines.
- Remediation of a landslide covering a freshwater intake at the Los Padres Reservoir
- Maintenance of the Millerton Lake CSA34 Water System
URI encourages all non-essential businesses and personnel to follow the guidelines of N-33-20 and use safe practices outlined by the CDC.
Be well everyone,
The URI Team